Thursday, August 26, 2010

in the past 70 days

I have spoken my mind to strangers
I have met people and talked to them
I've had way too many old men hit on me
I've flirted back with some of them
I've given tours to people I know, and made them laugh
I've eaten and enjoyed sushi
I've sewn a duvet cover
I have helped people with directions
I have eaten a lot of icecream and chocolate
I've drank a few mojitos
I've been loved unconditionally by two beautiful seven year olds
I've learned to drive a standard
I've killed more spiders than I want to
I've lived with some amazing people
I've learned how to boil baking soda to get rid of ruined pots and pans
I've eaten the most amazing mushroom sauce
I've enjoyed living in community
I've realized that I can survive a long while without washing my hair
I've met people I actually hate
I've met people I really love
I've enjoyed my family vacation
I've overcome fears and developed new ones
I've realized how people-able I am. I cannot call myself awkward anymore
I've realized the beautiful me that I need to embrace
I've missed Trinity
I've spent too much money
I've started to budget
I've neglected to focus as much on God as I should, and yet seen Him in the most unexpected ways

I've realized: I'm excited to do this theatre life. I'm excited for the fun, the love, the shit, the experiences, the trials, the people, the passion. I want to be trained not only as an artist and actor, but as a person, and Trinity is the place for me. I hope people push me and stretch me, because I'm ready to be broken by people who love me. So let's go. I want this.

2 comments:

  1. This was exceptionally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this, and I'm really jealous that you can drive a standard! :)

    ReplyDelete