I am very blessed.
I just spent the last half hour reading through all of my old blog posts. Man.. its interesting (and kind of embarrassing) to see where you've come from. I'm sure in a year I will look back on this post and laugh and blush, too.
I just finished a run of The Great Divorce at Pacific Theatre. If you want to know more about it I wrote some things on my "blog thing" for Trinity: http://impact.twu.ca/champion/champion.aspx?asset=761 Anyway. I did about 25 shows. And only had 2 actual panic attacks (thank the Lord for wonderful women in my life who I could phone and pray with during the show) and 3 or 4 days where I felt dizzy onstage. Thank the Lord for patience and strength, and for the ability to begin to calm myself down onstage. Thank the Lord for strength to get through such a long run with only that many anxiety issues. Praise the LORD!! I am still struggling with anxiety, but it's an amazing and inspiring beginning. Anxiety can NOT rule over my life.
I've been learning a lot in the last two months. More than I expected. Back in November I prayed a lot about how I wanted to be humbled by God. Man.. it's been a humbling year. I have really realized in the past month that I hold a lot lot of shame in my life. In the show, Holly spoke about shame, and every night I was just overwhelmed with the fact that I have shame in my life and I never even realized it! I can tell this is the beginning of a journey about shame. A huge one. It's also a journey about the Holy Spirit, lust, confidence, and how I feel working in a church. There's lots going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment